Tuesday, November 14, 2006

(NEWS) (COMMENT) C-Charge: Daylight Robbery Continues...

London Mayor Ken Livingstone's plot to turn all capital-dwellers into medieval peasants reliant on buses full of gun-wielding maniacs or tubes that blow up every time someone with a rucksack steps on board appears to be continuing.

The newt-loving former Communist now wants all 'polluting' cars to be charged a whopping 25 quid for entering the Central London Congestion Charge zone. On top of this people who live in the zone will lose their 90% discount and don't forget that the zone is being massively increased to stretch as far west as Earl's Court.

Owners of these cars, muses Livingstone, are able to afford to buy whatever car they choose and can therefore pay the ridiculous penalty.

Well Mr Livingstone, my car is probably in your very high band. It cost me £900 and I can't afford to replace it. Am I therefore able to afford your £25 per day tax? Of course not.

Now frankly fuck off and play with your newts. I for one am sick of being labelled a serial killer just because I can't afford to piss away thousands of pounds on a Toyota that looks like a dildo and drives like a sponge pudding.

No comments: